Akios Airloop R8
Specifically designed to offer extreme casting distances, the Akios AIRLOOP R8 is the reel of choice should you be seeking extra yardage. A true casting machine, the AIRLOOP offers super slow oscillation, laying a phenomenal 54 turns of line per cycle on the tournament length spool resulting in truly exceptional line lay.
Further details and specifications are listed below.
Akios Airloop R8
The Akios Airloop R8 surfcasting reel.
The precise laying of line on the spool significantly reduces frictional drag as the line peels off the spool leading to substantial gains in casting distances.
Equipped with an impressive 8+1 stainless steel ball bearings and a worm drive gearing mechanism, not only is the AIRLOOP silky smooth, it’s incredibly tough too. The speed drag system allow the drag to be tightened up with just a fraction of a turn allowing hard running fish to be instantly tamed.
Airloop R8 Features:
· Super Slow Oscillation for Exceptional Casting Performance
· High Strength Composite Body & Rotor
· 8+1 Stainless Steel Shielded Bearings
· Corrosion Resistant Instant Anti-Reverse Bearing
· Two Anodised Aluminium Spools Included – 1 x Deep Spool, 1 x Shallow Spool
· Ergonomic Power Handle
· Long Cast Angled Spool Lip
· Carbon Multi Disc Drag for Optimal Drag Performance
· Dual Strength Stainless Steel Main Shaft
· Large Hollow Bail Arm
· 4.1:1 Gear Ratio
· Tough Worm-Drive Gearing
· Titanium Coated Line Roller
· Anti Line Drop System
· Handle Lock
Akios R8 Specifications:
· Deep Spool capacity: 220yds/20lb mono
· Shallow Spool capacity: 280yds/16lb mono
· Gear Ratio: 4.1:1
· Bearings: 8+1
· Line Recovery: 34”/87cm
· Maximum Drag: 22lb
· Weight: 620g
Long Spool Version
The Airloop is also available in a long spool version, the Akios R10.